KnifeCenter.com, the largest catalog of cutlery on the web!

Friday, March 16, 2012

SOG Fusion Fixation Bowie Knife Review


The SOG Fixation Bowie is one of the fusions larger knives coming in at 12.25” and the blade alone is 7”. The blade on the SOG Fusion Bowie is made of 8Cr13MoV stainless steel and the research I have done indicate it has similar properties to AUS-8 stainless steel. Thus far, I have no complaints on the performance of the steel. I can’t see any difference from the more expensively priced tools I own.


The handle of the
SOG Fixation Bowie Knife is made of Kraton, a very durable material that is found in a lot of blades these days. I own a number of tools with Kraton handle and I have never had a problem with the material. In fact, I prefer the Kraton over leather because it doesn’t shrink or rot like leather will. The blade for the Fusion Bowie is similar to a Ka-Bar but the tip is more Bowie style. The handle of the knife fits my large hands perfectly. The Kraton handle is such that it would fit any size hands quite securely and it would be ideal for persons with medium to large size hands.


The SOG Fusion Fixation Bowie has performed great for me and I have very little to complain about in fact only one thing and that’s the black oxide finish tends to come off quite easy but when you take into account that your getting a knife that is comparable to knives twice the price. I would have to say that is a very small price to pay indeed. I recommend using this knife for light to medium use as a survival knife.

The reason I purchased the SOG Fusion Bowie because I bought a SOG Seal Pup whose quality really impressed me. The Fixation knife was not a let down. It feels really good in your hands and it's really solid too. Overall, this knife is a very good price/performance value. I would definitely purchase this knife again and highly recommend it.


To buy or get more information on the SOG Fusion Fixation Bowie Knife with 7" Plain Edge Blade and Nylon Sheath, click the link below.

SOG Fusion Fixation Bowie Knife 7" Plain Edge Blade with Nylon Sheath



All Comments are Welcome and Appreciated.

KnifeRights banner

Support the fight for our freedoms with a Knife Rights t-shirt, mug or any of the other clothing or accessories from the new Knife Rights Online Market Place. 100% of the profits go to support Knife Rights.


Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment